Nepal 03.09.2015 - 15.09.2015
Do you have a wish to explore the land of the Himalayas and Buddha? Are you curious to learn about Nepal’s diverse culture and religions? Would you be excited to go off track and learn about Nepal’s beautiful countryside and the lives of farmers? This trip gives you the opportunity to see many different aspects of Nepal and the chance to meet people who can tell us countless interesting political and economic facts about Nepal from an insider’s perspective. As part of an ’Organic Living’ Agritourism Initiative by our organizer Tulsi’s local organization you will see the essence of Nepali life, culture and natural beauty.
The Trip starts in Nepal’s capital city Kathmandu, a melting pot of dozens of different ethnical cultures and multiple different religions. It then leads us to Nepal’s countryside where we will explore the nature and learn about organic farming in the often very remote Nepali countryside. We will get the chance to leave the “normal” tourist tracks behind and get to know Nepal from a local perspective. We will also visit Nepal’s second largest city Pokhara, with beautiful views towards the Himalayas.
- Visit historical places like Patan, Bhaktapur and Kathmandu Durbar Square and Pashupatinath (all of them UNESCO World Heritage Sites) but also lesser known hidden gems of the bustling capital
- Learn about Nepal’s diverse cultures and religions
- Meet with different political and economic representatives
- Explore the Buddhist part of Kathmandu around Bouddhanath Stupa as well as visiting Swayabunath Stupa (both UNESCO World Heritage Sites)
- Enjoy hiking in Nepal’s beautiful nature with stunning views on the Himalayas
- Learn about organic farming in Nepal’s beautiful but remote countryside
- Listen to Nepali live music in bars at the lakeside in Pokhara
- Enjoy Nepal’s simple but exquisite cuisine